A few days before the year ended I was trying to think about my last year’s resolutions and I couldn’t even remember one, que patético. For me, it seems that every year is the same old same old, people asking about your new year’s resolutions and how are you improving those sad little ones left behind or the traits that really mean nothing but you hate about yourself.
But then it got me thinking, why is it that we as humans need to wait until the last minute ( literally the end of the year) to start something as important as to resolute self -improvement. Could we not start the same diet, to be kinder, nicer, cleaner, better parents, just in the middle of let say September …no entiendo.
Ojo I do it too, every primero de Enero empiezo dieta. How is it possible that at this point of my life I still try to auto convince myself, that if I was not able to be successful of whatever it was during the previous 364 days of the year, I will do it successfully in the next 1!!
Es como un auto-castigo, it’s like setting a long term goal that starts with hope, knowing deep down inside that most likely it will fail in the next few months, or in my case, 2 to 5 weeks tops
Never the less, since its the beginning of a new cycle this year I decided to go with the flow and improve myself as needed, making a little list of what could be improved (notice the word little):
- Detox and diet, started January 4 it was urgently needed.
- Exercise, still contemplating when to start (maybe next Monday??)
- Be a better mom, I need improvement everyday #veryhard
- Be less sarcastic, pfff (much better than last year BTW)
- Patient, can I skip this one and come back later?
- Better wife, I think I’m awesome (but don’t ask my husband, it’s my list)
- Better daughter & sister, again awesome
- Work as much as needed in my Blog/business, yes everyday as needed
As I was saying, my New Year’s resolution is to end with the tradition of the New Year’s resolutions, at least in my family. I will go with the flow trying to make improvements as needed and attracting positive energy as the year goes along.
PS: A New Year’s resolution is a tradition in which a person makes a promise to do an act of self-improvement or something slightly nice, such as opening doors for people beginning from New Year’s Day..