Epcot’s new pavilion, and updated park entrance and a new Experience Center showcasing the park’s future were announced today, joining the long list of other exciting projects already underway at one of Disney’s best parks: Epcot.
First of-its kind play pavilion coming to Future World
The ongoing evolution of Epcot includes plans for a pavilion unlike anything ever seen at the park. This new space will be devoted to playful fun, featuring an innovative city that’ll come to life under the dome of the un-named pavilion previously known as Wonders of Life. It will be bursting with interactive experiences, your favorite Disney characters, hands-on activities and engaging entertainment when it opens just in time for the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort.
Updated entrance area
Changes are coming to the front of the park, where an updated plaza will welcome Guests with sweeping green spaces, new pathways and a newly reimagined fountain. As part of this update, the Leave A Legacy photos will move into a beautiful setting just outside the touchpoints to be displayed with enhancements that will have them looking better than ever. Additional significant redevelopment will begin between Spaceship Earth and World Showcase Promenade. More details about Epcot’s transformation will be announced at a later date.
Guests will be able to visualize the exciting plans for Epcot later this year at a new Experience Center in the Odyssey pavilion. They will discover engaging and interactive exhibits that showcase the relentless innovation, energy and excitement driving the future of the park.
Other exciting new developments underway at Epcot include:
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure attraction in the France pavilion, patterned after the number-one family attraction at Disneyland Paris
- “Beauty and the Beast” sing-along in the France pavilion, showing in addition to the pavilion’s current film, Impressions de France
- Circle-Vision 360 film for the China pavilion and updated O Canada! 360-degree show
- Signature Dining experience inspired by the natural beauty of Japan
- Space-themed table-service restaurant adjacent to Mission: SPACE, inviting guests to travel high above the earth for an unforgettable dining experience
- Epcot Forever, a 2019 limited-time nighttime experience over World Showcase Lagoon set to classic Epcot tunes, followed by an all-new nighttime spectacular debuting in 2020
For more information on these projects or to download Epcot imagery and broadcast-quality b-roll, visit WDWNews.com.
For more information visit: